Wednesday 29 June 2011

Daybooking in the Month of June

A June Kind of Day Book*

Outside my window: It's blue and dark. I rarely write when it's late evening - for the first time in a long time I can see silhouettes and street lamps.

Thoughts: What time will I be awake tomorrow, how will things be at our visit to Southwell Minster (Church of the Blessed Virgin) in the morning.

Thanksgiving: For the sunlight on fields, husbands who help out incessantly, and a way to see miracles amongst the mud.

Kitchen goings-on: Not so much. I have to cake bake next week for a couple of days away with friends, so I've been taking it easy and besides, it's been the end of the month so we've been living out of the freezer. Pasta tonight, curry tomorrow.

Reading: 1,000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp.

Listening: Electric dreams of my laptop. Shuffling children in their beds.

Wearing: Pyjamas and robe. Glad to be snuggly; it's been too hot to be snuggly lately.

Around the house: I HAVE A NEW PURPLE KETTLE!!! My excitement knows no bounds. Seriously.

A Favourite Thing: Besides the kettle? Music. This week - Bach and Handel. And Atomic Kitten ! - great memory of driving back from strawberry picking with all 3 girls singing it in the back of the car :-)

* Thanks to Peggy for hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment